Athearn Genesis Question, need reply SOON

First off there is no SD75MAC(That I know of). Second I think both the SD70MAC's and the SD75M's are DCC ready. Josh should know if they are both DCC ready.

My newer SD70M with handrails installed, I'm not sure, but the older SD70M's & SD75M's I have require removing the circuit board, and replacing it. It's not as easy as a unit that is quick plug equipped, BUT its MUCH easier then a hard wired unit. Only problem you'll notice is the bulbs. DCC runs 12v bulbs, and the Genesis units have 1.5v bulbs. There IS a decoder on the market that is designed specifically for this in Genesis SD70 series applications.

so do you know any brand of SD75M or SD70MAC that runs well with the RTR locomotives that i already have. and is just plug n play technology?

My newer SD70M with handrails installed, I'm not sure, but the older SD70M's & SD75M's I have require removing the circuit board, and replacing it. It's not as easy as a unit that is quick plug equipped, BUT its MUCH easier then a hard wired unit. Only problem you'll notice is the bulbs. DCC runs 12v bulbs, and the Genesis units have 1.5v bulbs. There IS a decoder on the market that is designed specifically for this in Genesis SD70 series applications.

That decoder is the TCS A6X, it has the onboard voltage regulator just for the athearn 1.5v bulbs. Its also a 6 function decoder, so you can run ditch lights for front and rear if you wanted to. To run the front ditch lights using that decoder only requires 2 solder connections, the rest are just slip plugs like the original board it replaces.
That decoder is also very inexpensive compared to other brands. Its usually about $25-$35 depending on where you buy it. I buy mine from dcc-roundhouse.com, and it goes for $28 including shipping.
http://www.dccroundhouse.com/Train Control Systems/TCS.htm

The newer SD70m/mac/75i athearn genesis engines, that come with the handrails installed, are dcc plug and play

so do you know any brand of SD75M or SD70MAC that runs well with the RTR locomotives that i already have. and is just plug n play technology?

I don't know what you already have but Athearn and Kato are the options in HO.

ok thanks for decoder information

and kjd i already have 10 athearn RTR C44-9W and what companies SD70MACs or SD75Ms will run good with the Athearn RTRs?

Back