At my wits end PLEASE HELP

joedoc973

Dear Gentleman (and Ladies) My name is Joe and Im having a real problem. My Father was a model railroader and has passed away in 2003. When I was 17 I built him a 1/25 MPC The General kit straight out of the box.Now 33 years later I finally found another on Ebay and am in the process of building again.Its to be a gift to my little brother Dan who has never gotten over my Fathers death and I thought this would make him feel better. In the last 33 years my modeling skills have become quite good but the problem Im having is finding reference photos of the General. I have been online for the last 11 months and have been able to glean maybe 100 useful pics but nothing of the cab interior or really any good close up detailed photos. So I thought I would ask the EXPERTS, does anyone know of walkaround photos or any good references.Anything would be GREATLY appriciated and let me Thank You in Advance....Joe Harris joedoc973@aol.com

Joe, I built that same model for a museum here in NC. There were many different versions of The General over it's life time. If you follow the painting suggestions in the instruction sheets and on the box art, you will be pretty correct for that period. Have you checked the website of the Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in Kennesaw Ga. where the locomotive is housed?

At my wits end.

Dear Gentleman, What can I say but Thank you all.You have given me more information in 4 hours than in 11 months of searching on the net. I have never found or seen MOST of this info and it will be invaluable to me in the upcoming months of construction. And I promise that I will post completed pics and maybe some WIP if I can figure out my digital camera.Like my Father always said"want to know something about trains,ask a Trainman"...and I am so glad I did my Thanks again....Joe

Back