Are these HO scale?

Habbyguy

Does anyone know if these are HO scale. I saw them at Wal-mart.
SSPX0002.jpg

The truck would work if it was back of the layout like some use N on HO to give a distant perspective. The loader would make a nice toy for a child.

Those are the same items Wally World used to sell in new packaging.......some items are usable for modeling, but the original packaging was a small plastic display case, and the "scale" for each item was what size the item could be and still fit in the case. So big items were too small, and small items were too big. Most items ended up between 1:100 and 1:144.

Well, the tires on that big dump truck are around 12' tall, so what scale would it be? Z or smaller?

Dan

I'm not sure what you mean. Are the tires 12 scale feet tall...and in what scale? By looking at the tires on the truck and the skip loader, it appears the truck might not be too bad as a background piece for N scale, but it's hard to tell with actual measurements.

Here is a similar truck. The wheels do look about twice the height of the door on the cab so that would make them 12' high .. more or less. The GP38-2 had a height of 15'-4" to top of cab .. about to the bottom of the cab door.

thiesspl.jpg

Did I mention that I LOVE Google Sketchup?

Click any of the following thumbnails for a larger pic .. (the last one was a quick render in Kerkythea (also free))

th_Compare_797B_GP_30.png
th_Compare_797B_GP_30_2.png
th_Compare_797B_GP_38_3.png
th_Compare_797B_GP_38_4.png

Back