Apartment Model Railroad Layout

BMR777

I wanted to share some photos of my apartment model railroad. This layout currently sits in the second bedroom of my apartment. I model between 1995 and present day.

Here are some photos of progress on the layout. Let me know what you think!

Great job, I really like your streets and the mix of vehicles.

Thanks for sharing your hobby with us!

Looking good. Years ago when I was in an apartment I ended up having to work with a smaller space. I had to make it small enough to slide under a bed. I later managed to work it into a lot larger layout when we finally moved home to Montana and built a house with a basement. Well done.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Montanan, hopefully someday I will have that big basement for my layout, but for now this is a good size. I might even expand it a bit since there's a good 3 x 5 foot area still left where I have a desk where I might instead add a new yard.

Ah, come on! Most of those photos look like pictures of prototype equipment, not models! ;) Seriously, verrry nice job! :cool:

That bumping road where it crosses the tracks looks just like an intersection I cross every day going to work. I hate that crossing! Feel like the car is going to rattle apart every time!

It looks just as miserable to drive across on your model. So you nailed it! Looks real!

The sprawling grass work into the ballast stones looks really well done too. Very realistic.

Back