Anyone using Lenz DCC systems?

cncproadwarrior

North of the 49th
My local hobby store sells and supports Lenz DCC systems so I will likely go with that system. They also market and support TCS decoders. Just wondering if anyone is using Lenz and what they think of it.

My local hobby store sells and supports Lenz DCC systems so I will likely go with that system. They also market and support TCS decoders. Just wondering if anyone is using Lenz and what they think of it.
Lenz is my primary system. I didn't think I would like the LH-100 throttle at first so I got a bunch of LH-90s. They are both just a bit wider than my hand likes to hold, no biggy. I have the computer interface and I use CVP wireless throttles with them. Our club also uses Lenz. With 8 booster units we have had 1 fail in ummmm 8 years, and it gets pretty heavy use (or should I say abuse). It was repaired very quickly. I think the longest part of the repair was the mail. The repair cost was $10 for return shipping. Upgrades to both the command system and throttles have been $10 (for return shipping).

While any decoders can be used their gold line with the ups is hard to beat.

FYI - DCC was a Lenz invention before it became an NMRA standard. They are also responsible for development of the decoder transmission NMRA is adopting as standard RP-9.3.2 (don't remember what they call it but it performs a similar function to Digitrax transponding).

I would have also gone the Lenz route except that the two local clubs here use Digitrax so I'm going that route just from a support point of view, nice to know you can call Bob from the club when you're having trouble.

While our club use's a Digitrax DC system I've found the Lenz Gold decoder's to be outstanding If a bit pricey well worth the extra few bucks.
Digitrax also makes great decoders,just stay away from MRC's line their pretty much junk in my estimate.

Back