Anyone use AnyRail?

Mr. D.

How is it? I am using RTS right now because it's free. But When I laid out real track on the floor I measured the width of to lines coming off a turnout it was 2.5 inches. When I used the measurement on RTS it was 3.7 inches. So now I don't think that program is all that reliable. I also have noticed that a lay out of my size (10x8) does not hold much track on RTS, but when I see real layouts of the same size, or even a bit smaller, they seem to hold A LOT of track.

So I am wondering of anyone's experience with the AnyRail program, or any other programs. I don't want to pay a lot (or any) for a program I will only use once, (I don't plan to change my lay out much after it's done any time soon).

Thanks

i like anyrail. they have free trial, so you can try before you buy. or just use it as is, with the 50 pieces limitation.

i like anyrail. they have free trial, so you can try before you buy. or just use it as is, with the 50 pieces limitation.

Only 50 pieces? My current layout is 62, not counting any buildings, and that's using mostly flex track.

Last edited by a moderator:
The FREE trial is limited to 50 pieces. The idea is that you can try the software and then if you like it you can buy the software to create a layout with any number of track pieces.

Best regards,
Brian

I am using RTS right now because it's free. But When I laid out real track on the floor I measured the width of to lines coming off a turnout it was 2.5 inches. When I used the measurement on RTS it was 3.7 inches.

Not sure what you mean by "the width of t[w]o lines coming off a turnout" in this context, but different turnouts from different manufacturers have different geometries.

RTS is based on using Atlas track. If you are using something different from what the program is using, geometries will be somewhat different.

Stein

Not sure what you mean by "the width of t[w]o lines coming off a turnout" in this context, but different turnouts from different manufacturers have different geometries.

RTS is based on using Atlas track. If you are using something different from what the program is using, geometries will be somewhat different.

Stein

Here is what I mean.
Track.png

The measurement from the outer edge on real track is 2.5 inches. On RTS it's 3.6 inches. The turnouts I have are the same used on RTS. So the geometries should be the same.

NOTE: Yes that is flex track used in RTS, but only after 24 radius curve was used first then straight. I then added the bumper to the end, removed the curve and straight and replaced with flex.

Other then being free, one reason I used RTS is because it uses Atlas track and that's what I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back