Anyone recognize this?

Does anyone recognize this? Name brand? It's 3 inches long and 3 1/2 inches tall.

Thanks,
D.A.
Steam.jpg

Looks like a scratchbuilt (from the imagination) fueling platform of some kind. Only reason a fuel platform comes to mind is the piping that was attached. Roof is too small for the structure.

Looks like a scratchbuilt (from the imagination) fueling platform of some kind. Only reason a fuel platform comes to mind is the piping that was attached. Roof is too small for the structure.

Carey,
Thanks for your reply. I'm much to your opinion; I figured it was a 'something' put together with left over pieces. The parts at the bottom look like some type of refrigeration units. Several months ago, I bought a box lot of train goodies, and this was in it.

D.A.

Here's a thought. Close the open areas of the model completely up. On the backside, put an office door, and stairs to it. On the front, (track), side, put a small door, a little bigger than a block of ice, on each end install a pipe or two for a water intake and drainage. Fix the roof to make it more correct. Paint it up nice, take to a train show and sell as a modern freelance ice house. Buyer to provide icing platform!;)

Looks like it should have an AC unit on of the platform. it could be to place on the roof of a building and the small cover/roof is not uncommon to provide a bit of protection from the mid day sun without interfering with ventilation.

I did some work as a crane operator for commercial roofing companies and I have seen similar structures on roofs.

Thanks Carey & Louis; that's 2 good ideas. I'll eventually revamp or use the coil parts to make some type of cooling unit. After examining it more closely, there was something glued to the platform area because there is left over glue spots.

D.A.

Back