Anyone know what company brand this is?

fairbro

Recently there were two auctions here in rural Kansas, featuring HO trains, in adjacent cities, 3 days apart. They were sparsely attended (some of the finely detailed station buildings, churches, factories, were picked up by one lady as "toys" for her 8-year-old) but I managed to pick quite a few cars, some Piko, Fleischmann, etc. I don't see any brand on some of them ,and was wondering if anyone know what company made these, maybe you can tell from the design on the underside? I appreciate any help, thank you. Also, are these called "Brakeman's Cab" cars or is there another name? I can see "OBB" on one car (Austrian Rail, or Osterreiches Bundes Bahn (please excuse spelling :) ), and another one is "DB" or "Deutsche Bahn" (German Railways). The underside of all three cars is the same design.

IMG_4633.JPG IMG_4634.JPG IMG_4636.JPG IMG_4639.JPG

I have one very similar, but it is made by "Brawa". It however is clearly identified on the bottom and has a bit more detail. Lilliput is a subsidiary of Bachmann's parent company
11-29-16 004.001.JPG11-29-16 003.001.JPG
I haven't installed the couplers yet.
Brakeman's cabs were on a lot of cars especially in Europe up until the mid-20's.
Willie

Last edited by a moderator:

Back