Another WTH Ebay Moment

I thought by his address, he might be "somewhere out back o' the black stump", where having a model train at all would be rare, but in fact it's in Darwin, the Capital of the Northern Territory.

Rapid Ck, NT sounds like an address for a crocodile.

Bet there's a few of these on the creek bank
n_No_Swim_Crocodiles_Sign_Oblong_32891_zps857d76cc.png

Look at how it is shipped - "Shipping within the USA: $3.95 for the first train, & $1.00 per each additional train - in a padded, manila envelope at buyer's risk."

Padded envelope???? Buyers risk???

$3.95 for the first train? So a train is what, 100 cars or so....that's only $0.40 per car...

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

You would think that if you were offering something as in it's original box, at least the 2 items would match in road name.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Model-Tr...ys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item1c374434fe

Maybe we can forgive him 'cause of where he's from?
You're probably too young to remember, but REA/Aristocraft sold them like that. You bought the tank engine, and the tender was available as a separate purchase, in a separate box, and you couldn't always get a tender that matched the engine.

I don't know, sometime there are true bargains available. A month ago I bought a new / sealed up Bachmann Doodlebug for $34.95 free shipping Buy it Now, that's a deal ! It was my second doodlebug the first was junk and went back. It just cost me my time. It ain't much but it fits my current budget well. When you live hundreds of miles from trainshows, and your LHS wants $129 for a doodlebug eBay is all there is these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back