Another Newbie

U-3-b

GTW in the summer of 53
I am a newbie to this forum and have been surfing around it a for a while and it looks like there is some great information here. I live in Arkansas and model, or I should say collect GTW circa 1953. I am planning for my layout but since I get moved every few years I am not planning on building anything until I know I am in someplace for good.

If you are wondering why 1953, that is the pinnacle for GTW steam for me. No Maple Leaf paint scheme and no GP-9’s, although I loved going to my grandparents house and see GTW GP-9’s everyday. So I collect GTW steam, mostly brass and am eagerly awaiting the day when the Battle Creek roundhouse that lives in my head will become reality and the steam that I have will have someplace to live besides a display case on the wall.

I look forward to reading the post here and helping me plan for that day.

Steve

Welcome to the forums, Steve. "What we dare to dream, we dare to do." Make yourself at home here. :)

Welcome to Model Railroad Forums Steve! If you have any questions, feel free to ask any one of us, we are all great!!!:p

Hi Steve and welcome to the ModelRailroadForums. (and What Claudia said :D), keep posting and before you know it you'll be building a fleet of customized locos and rolling stock.

Cheers Willis

Welcome. I was totally out of railroading for good last year this time. Now look at me. Join us soon with the hardware, Until then, we all dream together.

Steve - Welcome to the forum. When you get time, come over to the coffee shop and join us. :)

Stan.

All of my stuff is HO, and I have a few U-3-b's, hence the name, a few F-3's, some steam and diesel switchers and a couple of Pacifics, Mikes and Mountains. I have also been slowly building a International Limited with CN and GTW cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome U-3-b,:D there is a GREAT bunch here, very friendly and willing to help if you need it.;) :D lots to see here. hope you can start your layout soon.:) -Dean

Back