Another Newbie

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

U-3-b

GTW in the summer of 53
I am a newbie to this forum and have been surfing around it a for a while and it looks like there is some great information here. I live in Arkansas and model, or I should say collect GTW circa 1953. I am planning for my layout but since I get moved every few years I am not planning on building anything until I know I am in someplace for good.

If you are wondering why 1953, that is the pinnacle for GTW steam for me. No Maple Leaf paint scheme and no GP-9’s, although I loved going to my grandparents house and see GTW GP-9’s everyday. So I collect GTW steam, mostly brass and am eagerly awaiting the day when the Battle Creek roundhouse that lives in my head will become reality and the steam that I have will have someplace to live besides a display case on the wall.

I look forward to reading the post here and helping me plan for that day.

Steve

Lady_Railfan

House Mother, Cheerleader
Welcome to the forums, Steve. "What we dare to dream, we dare to do." Make yourself at home here. :)

chrismoore93

Central Phoenix Railroad
Welcome to Model Railroad Forums Steve! If you have any questions, feel free to ask any one of us, we are all great!!!:p

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Hi Steve and welcome to the ModelRailroadForums. (and What Claudia said :D), keep posting and before you know it you'll be building a fleet of customized locos and rolling stock.

Cheers Willis

ARTHILL

ARTHILL
Welcome. I was totally out of railroading for good last year this time. Now look at me. Join us soon with the hardware, Until then, we all dream together.

BMRR

Steve - Welcome to the forum. When you get time, come over to the coffee shop and join us. :)

Stan.

U-3-b

GTW in the summer of 53
All of my stuff is HO, and I have a few U-3-b's, hence the name, a few F-3's, some steam and diesel switchers and a couple of Pacifics, Mikes and Mountains. I have also been slowly building a International Limited with CN and GTW cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

lginc

That FM guy
Welcome U-3-b,:D there is a GREAT bunch here, very friendly and willing to help if you need it.;) :D lots to see here. hope you can start your layout soon.:) -Dean

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.