Another Ebay mystery

I did look at it again just after it finished and it showed Sold at that last bid. It's still on my watch list showing the same. I wonder what the buyer thought of his purchase. Maybe they were 3D printed out of amphetamine.

There used to be a seller that went by Mellow Mike. He sold weathered plastic freight cars for upwards of $700.00 a pop. They were beautifully done, great examples of the art of weathering. Were they worth $700.00+? Not to me, but some people thought so, because he sold more than a few. Best not to ponder why a fool chooses to part with his money. It'll give you a headache.

I remember Mellow Mike and he purchased some NIB rolling stock from a friend of mine. Mellow's work was very good at weathering, but not at those prices and he seemed to sell everything he worked on.

I remember him copying the weathering on 1:1 rolling stock and then reproducing it on an HO scale car. A framed copy of the photo of 1:1 car came with the model.

Greg

I did look at it again just after it finished and it showed Sold at that last bid. It's still on my watch list showing the same. I wonder what the buyer thought of his purchase. Maybe they were 3D printed out of amphetamine.

Same bidder using two different IDs on the same computer. bidding it out of sight to stop the sale. Probably because he is the third bidder also.
Bidder bids $20 on the item, then sees its $50 shipping. Obviously he doesn't want to pay who would ? but he doesn't want the reputation damaged. So what does he do ? he uses two other IDs on a different computer to run the bid up and then reneges , when the bid falls back to his original bid he can refuse or he may have already retracted.

8***7 (9) and 8***7(16) are two different IDs (two different sets of reputations) , with the same 8***7 hash number they'er probably the same computer ( the ebay bidder ID hash is probably generated of the MAC address of the computer)

One bidder 3 IDs , two of which are disposables. The low reputation numbers are usually a red flag .

Its either that or a seller that doesn't want it to sell and is running it up. He may have sold it to some else , changed his mind , or double listed ( a lot of them double list) . Although on a double list I think they can just cancel it.

Best watch what you say about eBay!!!!!

In most states the stalking alone is a felony worth up to 20 years . so after the Feds get finished the state may have a go at them.
Sad to say but I am fairly certain that their not the only ones doing it. I think its become common practices for disgruntled companies to sell out their "problem" customers details to spammers and phone scammers.

Last edited:

Back