another berk lives

According to a thread in the Railway Preservation news forum, the dates for the Horseshoe Curve are the 13th and the 20th.
I,m hoping to be over in Pennsylvania for three weeks, so I think I,ll be able to see her at least once.
Ron

The engine is sitting about ten miles away from me in a railyard and I'm stuck at work. I'm hoping to get to see it this week. I'll be out of town or working this weekend when it's running through Toledo. Ugh!!!

Just heard from a friend today and found out he and his son worked on the restoration. His son is working as a fireman on these trips.

Kevin

NWDad, she's sitting in the Homestead Yard in Oregon, Ohio (East side of Toledo) for the week until this weekend's excursions. Problem is, I believe it is a secure yard. I'm going to run over there tomorrow morning to see if I can get a glimpse from the road.

Good news! It is visible from the road. Bad news, there are several trees blocking the engine. I did get the okay from a nice guy to park at the edge of the yard. I told him I was going to walk through the farm fields to go over and look. Half way there (about 1/3 mile) my daughter said she was too hot and we had to turn around. I'll go back tonight or tomorrow without the kids. Hopefully I'll be able to post my first pictures to this forum.

I got to see the beauty yesterday! WOW! They even fired up the boiler while I was there to build up pressure for the night. What an amaizing sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
picture.php
Here she is with the boiler going!

I took off early from my trip to Frankenmuth, MI and the National Antique Fire Truck Convention to grab the kids and watch the train go through town. First heading outbound, then back to the yard crossing the Maumee river swing bridge. I have cell phone video of that if I could figure out how to post that.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Back