American Model Builders

Habbyguy

This is what I need for my layout. Can anyone tell me if the kits are good to build? It says "All three kits feature laser-cut parts and Peel & Stick and Tab & Slot construction." What part of the kits peel & stick?

Farm.jpg

I don't know, but that's a really good looking farm house. I think I'll get me this kit too for my farm.

They built an American Builders interlocking tower in the nov. 2009 issue of MRR. There it shows an inner structure that used for attaching the outer walls using the slot construction method, and the actually outer walls are peel and stick to the inner structure

Later,

DEVLYN

This is what I need for my layout. Can anyone tell me if the kits are good to build? It says "All three kits feature laser-cut parts and Peel & Stick and Tab & Slot construction." What part of the kits peel & stick?

Farm.jpg

Their kits are great. I have three on my layout. Paint everything before assembling them. They tend to slightly warp after being painted. Just paint the interiors and this solves the problem. Some modellers reinforce the interiors with braces to prevent future inward warping of the walls. I like these models so much that sometimes I buy one just to put it together and sell it at a hobby show. I wish I had the room on my layout to put a barn on it.

Back