altas lh turnout has been delivered

A month ago i order 4 turnout atlas lh and rh from walthers. the rh show up that week the lh was backordered. As i expected sence everyone was having problemes getting them. well the lh has finally showed maybe the shortage for atlas track over i hope.

Here's hoping! Glad you got them as I am in the same position, needing LH.

Just looked at the Walthers site - NO Atlas turnouts what so ever. Must just be covering back orders with what they do get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's hoping! Glad you got them as I am in the same position, needing LH.

Just looked at the Walthers site - NO Atlas turnouts what so ever. Must just be covering back orders with what they do get.

Maybe they are sending out model railroad ninjas to swipe turnouts carelessly left lying around...
That may be where yours went.:)

My LHS, Caboose Hobbies is now selling LifeLike Code 100 track, that appears to be almost (except for the labelling) identical to Atlas track. Since Caboose is almost an extension of Walthers, I'd bet you can get the LifeLike from them, though I haven't checked.

I've had several on order at a local shop since November. I checked yesterday and they still don't have them and don't know when to expect them. They didn't have the glue I was looking for either. :(

From what I have discovered, Atlas is now telling people it will be June this year, just lie they said November last year I am guessing. I think if Atlas was to be 100% honest, they would just come out and say, they don't have a clue and lets face it, they don't!

Atlas track, turnouts in particularly, have not been available for months, and if what I understand is correct, 8 to 12 months. Despite how big Atlas is in the market, if they dont get their poo together and sort this out, no retailer is want to sell Atlas track, especially when there are other just as good and better producers, who can supply their track, out there.

Despite how big Atlas is in the market, if they dont get their poo together and sort this out, no retailer is want to sell Atlas track, especially when there are other just as good and better producers, who can supply their track, out there.

People yammer about this all the time, but the fact is that many items have come in, sold out, and are waiting to be restocked. I am sure that nobody wants this resolved more quickly than does Atlas.

What good does it do to pillory them all the time? Often the same people week after week. Move on to another track supplier or wait patiently. Why keep your knickers in a knot, mate?

The fact that everything they bring in (and there have been multiple containers full) sells out almost immediately indicates that retailers and customers aren't exactly done with Atlas yet, no matter what self-proclaimed experts on forums opine.

So having an opinion makes me a "self proclaimed expert" ?

Don't want to dampen your spirit but, my knickers aren't in a knot mate, never have been; just expressing a point of view, like "every one" else in here, including yourself ;)

Didn't mean to start a fight just tiring to give alittle hope for them that use atlas. when i ordered them i wasn't done with my benchwork so i wasn't in a rush if they showed great if they didn't no big deal. and yes the bench works do and all but one has be layed i figured sence i had them i stop making trees and get the track laid.hope to finish that up saturday and get it it wired so i can chech for dead track lot of my track is used

Keep it Cool and reasonably friendly folks, and Y'all have a great day :D. I find a great place to buy Atlas turnouts is at the model rail shows, in fact the first thing I do at a show is to visit the sales tables and I've yet to come home without at least a half dozen turnouts.
Cheers
Willis

I am still hopeful of getting turnouts from First Hobby in Texas. Like others, I have them on back order as well. I wish we had, or I could find, train shows around where I live to go to. Quite a few "Open Days up in Buffalo and Rochester over the forthcoming months, so I will be making some trips up north.

A question though; is what is available at these shows new or just people wanting to sell their items? Sorry, but have never been to a Model Train Show as such.

Given you are in New York, you should make the pilgrimage to West Springfield Mass next year for the Amherst show at the BIG E grounds. It is billed as the biggest show in the US and that seems plausible. It really has pretty much anything you could imagine in multiple buildings that cover at least three acres. It is both new and used train stuff in every scale. I drive about 200 miles each way to go and look forward to it. Bring Money. Spend at least one day. It's next january late in the month. Just really everything you could imagine although I've yet to see homosote or 2x4 's. If you like workshops, they're great, the pleasure I get is talking to the actual people who make the products and you get to see what a mom and pop business so much of this is. You will have a hard time believing so many people could love trains.

..and I find it to be a lot of fun and a challenge to make my own turnouts now using fastrack.

Pete V,

Thank you and it does sound like a worth while trip. My only problem is it being in January ... the weather isn't that great here and there is no way I would/could get my wife to go with me, due to the weather only. That being said, I might look at alternatives to driving - perhaps a train?

My LHS, Caboose Hobbies is now selling LifeLike Code 100 track, that appears to be almost (except for the labelling) identical to Atlas track. Since Caboose is almost an extension of Walthers, I'd bet you can get the LifeLike from them, though I haven't checked.

About a year before I shut down my layout I ordered a case of LifeLike 3ft. flex(100 lengths to a case(300ft.)) for a friends layout & mine. I think I paid $169.00 for the case & $10.00 shipping. The track was real nice except it took some xtra time to lay on the layout. For 1 thing only one rail slides easy & the other one is glued to the crossties. Also, the ends of the rails have to be filed because when they are cut they use a saw, not a Shear like Atlas. Only one end has to be filed. The ties are a hair taller, but, it still hooks up easy to Atlas track. before I shut down my layout all of the suppliers were telling everyone that there is going to be a shortage of flex track & turnouts in the near future. That was about the end of 2011. I had looked for Model Power track for a long time before I shut down the layout & not one shop was carrying it.

Amtrak out of rochester would certainly get you there and I think amtrak stops there on the way to Boston. People come from far and wide to do that show. Wives that don't like trains can make it a lot harder. If it's just your love affair with trains , make it on your own. My family just rolls their collective eyes when I prep for this stuff. I don't actually want them there tapping their toes outside the booths. View this as an illness in which you are evaluating treatments

Pete V,

My wife loves the trains - that is one reason why I am building my/her layout. The problem with my wife is that she will not leave the house if she see's, or even suspects, that snow is in the forecast. Long story but that is attributable to some very nasty incidents before my time. If I can get her to Rochester, then I know she would love the trip and the show itself, AND give us a holiday at the same time, not to mention give her a chance to spend some of my money :).

The other issue is that my wife doesn't drive (hard to believe in this day and age) and never has. We live 5 miles from our nearest shop, so leaving her isolated for more than a day or two is out of the question.

I will check on Amtrak now and see if they take advance bookings.

G'day from the other half of the planet...sometimes being isolated comes in handy..my regular supplier Little caboose..(not the American one)...has Atlas turn outs all the time.
Briefly last year he couldn't get No 8s but he has them well and truly now..I bought two last week...$22 each...He also carries Shinohara a lot of the time..various codes..and Peco...actually the way Peco points operate is really nice...It's either /or for me..between Atlas or Peco...Atlas are slightly smoother but the Peco are solid throws and switch better manually..Shinohara lovely but more expensive...Never tried Lifelike..no idea on theirs...Cheers Rod

Last edited by a moderator:

Back