Alright, which 6 of you did this?

lawfultoad

http://www.policeoracle.com/news/6-DIY-Train-Buffs-Arrested_20957.html

Train buffs are facing jail after building their own ramshackle locomotive and taking it on the public rail network.

The six-seater train - made out of garden furniture and salvaged train parts - was powered by an electric motor and even had its own refreshments car in the shape of a crate of beer.

Police in Erfut, Germany, were alerted after residents of properties adjoining the railway spotted the unorthodox vehicle - and were aware that there should have been no traffic running.

Police however had to call in a helicopter to find and follow the makeshift train as the police cars could not follow it along the tracks.

The helicopter pilot was able to radio ahead to other officers who set up a makeshift barrier at a station to stop it.

Railway bosses had been asked to suspend all services to avoid a collision although the train buffs had chosen to have their drive when there had been no trains scheduled.

"It seems to be one of those mad pub ideas that actually happened. They didn't seem to realise they could have caused a serious accident if they'd got anywhere near a real train," said one officer.

Six men who were arrested on the unauthorised vehicle are currently facing public safety charges.

I CONFESS!
lol im just kidding, definately a good thing they took that car off the tracks, imagine an impact with another train and that thing.... there'd be nothing but splinters and a few beer cans left, speaking of beer i wonder if they had a few before they started building this....

I Confess it was Jim, Rex, Larry, Terry, Karl, and Jeff! I believe The boys started out to build Jeff something to wheel around in when his foot was acting up. I guess the beers had it's way with them and the project........And the rest........ well you see what happened!

I Confess it was Jim, Rex, Larry, Terry, Karl, and Jeff! I believe The boys started out to build Jeff something to wheel around in when his foot was acting up. I guess the beers had it's way with them and the project........And the rest........ well you see what happened!

You mean to tell me that you got away with that MOW lawn mower of yours? :D:D:D:D:D

LOL, that's great. Apparently, Germany has some rednecks too. :) And the only thing I did was provide some consulting advice on the DCC decoder. I never actually got to ride on it because Chris took up too much space on that left bench.

You know the best part? Those speeder's that people buy, and tour rail lines on here in North America, most states do not have DUI laws for trains, and by definition, it is a train. Found this funny, as I'm sure they have similar laws in Germany, so the "refreshments" could most likely, not get them jailed, though trespassing charges are in order...

LOL, that's great. Apparently, Germany has some rednecks too. :) And the only thing I did was provide some consulting advice on the DCC decoder. I never actually got to ride on it because Chris took up too much space on that left bench.

Of course Germany has red necks they call them Neo Nazi(sp?):D! And Jim U know I didn't get to ride on the locomotove YOU Guys built!:( you guy's were getting busted by the law dog by the time I got to the tracks!

hahaha wooooow, thats a VERY creative idea...not saying im going to do it, but Ive always wondered how it would be to own my own personal locomotive :rolleyes:

Chris. You know you're gonna burn in (insert word here) cuz you know you were in on this!!:p
Next time were gonna take the tires off a zero turn, put some rail wheels on it, take off the mower deck, and get some real speed outta this!!!!!!!!!

Now, I wonder whos got one of them things???:rolleyes:

hahaha wooooow, thats a VERY creative idea...not saying im going to do it, but Ive always wondered how it would be to own my own personal locomotive :rolleyes:

I wouldn't know!:mad::( Jim and the Boys wouldn't let me in on the project!:(

Now, Chris, we know you've rolled over and are playing state's evidence on us. We have the pictures of you thowing those beer bottles along the right of way. Karl always has his camera and takes good pictures. It seems like you were yelling something about "Just wait until next year" too, but Rex and I were singing "We are the Champions" too loud to know exactly what you were getting carried away about. :)

Now, Chris, we know you've rolled over and are playing state's evidence on us. We have the pictures of you thowing those beer bottles along the right of way. Karl always has his camera and takes good pictures. It seems like you were yelling something about "Just wait until next year" too, but Rex and I were singing "We are the Champions" too loud to know exactly what you were getting carried away about. :)

Sure just wait!;);););)

At least they should have painted the DB logo on the side, to gain some descretion.

Six men who were arrested on the unauthorised vehicle are currently facing public safety charges.

-yeah they didnt blow the whisle over the crossing

Back