ALCO C-415 unusual model available on eBay - Opertunity knocks

JimT

I was jumping around eBay testerday and I ran into this guy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231186781726?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT .

This is a really neat model of an unusual prototype locomotive. The motor is a little weak the trucks, gears are solid and quiet. Why not me? Because it's 30 years out of my time period. I did my best to figure it out... having done two in the olden days but I couldn't rationalize it on my short budget. There's even a company (Smokey Valley I think) that makes handrail kits.

There wern't to many of these heavy switchers, or light road switchers but Southern Pacific had ten of them. I hope someone can use the news. Oh this isnt my auction.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
ATT I think made such an engine, I constantly saw it advertised, they also had an RDC. It's an offbeat engine, but I tend to get unusual locomotives like the centipede, even tho its out of my prototype modeling, for the funsies. after looking, I think that is the ATT engine

Last edited by a moderator:
I won an auction of switchers at my local auction house a little over a year ago. There was a 415 included. It had the same road name, but I think it was the ATT mentioned above. It was practically brand new, ran like a champ and sold quickly on eBay.

I got one of them from Hobbies for Men mail order in the late 1970's (79 I think) they were made by Life Like, motor wise they were worse than junk. I also had RS-11's with the same motor system, one smoked and stunk before it moved. Nice details but weren't even good toys. Here's a pic of one RS11 bashed into a MLW RS18 on a GP9 Athearn chassis. The motor-less 415 is still in the basement somewhere amongst junk.
Cheers
Willis

Attachments

• 3675_IMG.JPG
    3675_IMG.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 169
MM51 That's a stunning job. I am an Alco junkie, I wish I could have one in my time frame. Beautiful.

Back