AHM/IHC Alco C-415 HO Scale - UK

RIGuyUK

Hi All

I'm looking for an AHM/IHC (or any of its other incarnations) Alco C-415. Im in the UK, I'd think shipping costs from the US would to too high.

Ideally be in good condition with no broken or missing handrails, and a half decent runner. Any livery, boxed or not

Thank you

Timing is everything, I had an AHM one I planned to drop onto a Kato chassis and paint BN or SP&S but sent it out when I cleaned up recently.
Try here, they may still have it… https://trainsandsuch.com/

1678542409649.jpeg

Thanks guys

Postage from the US is too expensive in relation to the value of the loco. A few come up on eBay UK now and again but I've just missed out.

Nothing on Hattons Smudge, I check both there and eBay daily.

I'll keep searching, think it'll be the last loco I buy for now...

Thanks guys

Postage from the US is too expensive in relation to the value of the loco. A few come up on eBay UK now and again but I've just missed out.

OK, I'll keep an eye out too, just in case.

Thanks guys

Do you need the whole loco, or just part's, I'm thinking if you could just fit a bodyshell onto a donor chassis ?

Do you need the whole loco, or just part's, I'm thinking if you could just fit a bodyshell onto a donor chassis ?
The newer versions of this have an improved drive. If he finds one of those, he can probably get away with using that. The older ones were--terrible, and only good as something to hold the body off the rails.

Here's a link to an Ebay sale of one of the "new" ones, that do run fairly well:
It's $68 dollars shipping to the UK, which is always the bug-bear for us here, and it's a ridiculous price, as import tax and VAT has still to be added on the whole amount paid, so price of item plus postage, plus import tax plus VAT a $100 item would come to around $230+
The box TomO sent me with 5 cars in was less than the postage they want for this one loco, but he does have a sister in the US so ......?

Hi Smudge,

Sorry for the delay in replying Its the whole loco I'm looking for, I enjoy a challenge in making a poor chassis a good runner!

It's $68 dollars shipping to the UK, which is always the bug-bear for us here, and it's a ridiculous price, as import tax and VAT has still to be added on the whole amount paid, so price of item plus postage, plus import tax plus VAT a $100 item would come to around $230+
The box TomO sent me with 5 cars in was less than the postage they want for this one loco, but he does have a sister in the US so ......?
You've hit the nail on the head there Smudge, the import tax/VAT is a crippler, which, to me, isn't worth it on a small value loco.

I'm keeping my eyes on worldwide eBay for one of these, I'll get one at somepoint!

Back