Ads be gone!

Ken you are right about the cache and pop up ads; however, YOU (so to speak) don't have to go to a site for those things to appear on your computer. All you have to do is the page of someone who has been to a particular site, ie Single Women, and whatever is on that page is added to yours as well.

This single women thing and how forums and the like spread those ads is a good example of that. I was getting Single Women Ads and I can assure you I have never been to a "single women site". I ave also gotten these pop up ads for some of the most obscure things, fishing for example, yet I can't stand fishing so why was I getting pop up ads about fishing gear.

Unsolicited ads are nothing short of intrusive, just like telemarketers. If I want to know something about a particular thing, it should be my decision, not have it thrust upon me by a third or fourth party.

Another helpful tip: do not use google for searches. Use something like duckduckgo dot com, then google ads won't base the ads it sends you on your search history.

You'll get different ads, of course, but they'll be different.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Back