Admiration for your talents

Admiration for your talents

I don't post many messages complimenting on the work that is shown here but everyone deserves a pat from the advanced to the nube.

Mechanical detailing - I am amazed at the ability to drill grab iron holes and get them done neatly never mind lined up. We wont even talk about doing it without dimples or replacing parts of shells and having it look like a "better" factory job. Heck I found just trimming the grab irons off harder than I could have imagined.

Electro - mechanical Replacing driveline components, lighting, and DCC components. The neatness of the work just amazes me. To think of doing N scale is simply out of the question.

Painting To see those crisp lines even over breaks is just such a wonder, and invisible decals!

Trackwork The detailing and reliability are much to be desired. Fifty years ago I had never heard of painting rail.

Layout Artistry These finished products are beyond my comprehension ( Failed grade 8 art :) ) but they are going to make me want to try some scenery one of these days.

Photography - Joins us together in many ways from the crisp focus to the slightly blurred all at the appropriate time. Great to see everyone's results. Guess a manual came with the camera for a reason - why don't tripods?

No winners but Jim smith-Wright, Mark and Jerome are ones to observe from so many equally great and Motley(Michael) don't show off any more passenger trains / stations :) I have no more space and haven't started to lay track.

take care ,,, ken tower

Ken, you flatter us all with your comments. I think everyone here has their talents and different areas that they excel in. I've learned an awful lot since I've been a member here. I hope that one day when I can build an actual layout, I'll be able to use some of the lessons I've learned from others on here. And actually get it 50% close to what I've seen in their pictures!! Hats off to everyone!!!!

Ken thanks, I will make sure to post more pictures of passenger trains! Actually, my extension room layout that I will start building soon will have a nice big passenger yard, train shed, and passenger loco facility.

The last few months I have taken a likeness to passenger trains, excursion trains.

I have learned a lot from this forum while building my first layout over the past year. The experience and skills from people on this forum are remarkable. I also commend what Ken says about the talented individuals that are very friendly and helpful to newbies!

I would also like to personally thank Mark (MGWSY) for doing all my DCC installs!

Thanks everybody for all your help, it is very much appreciated!

Ken your words echo threw out this forum. Huge thanks to the masters and beginners for keeping us fresh and pushing our talents and skills to points we never thought we could go.

I'm amazed at the quality of workmanship I see in these threads and hope that I end up half as good as what I see here. I have also learned alot in the last couple years just lurking

Ken, I feel honored just to be able to post my work with the masters that do around here. I'm sometimes intimidated by their work but they never make me feel so with their words. I know I'm a hacker at best but I know I can ask a question, state on opinion, or show off my work and never be laughed at. That I appreciate more than anything else around here.

And some of us are just "all thumbs", but have fun doing the hobby!
That is the key. :)
WE are not all electro-mechanical-electronic engineers, or scenic artists, or expert kit builders.
Sometimes something comes out reasonalbly right for us!
________
Universal health

Last edited by a moderator:

Back