Adding catenary

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

rgeiter

Conrail Quality
So I have all this catenary I built for my old layout. I saved most of it when I tore the old one down and I have been wanting to incorporate it into the new layout somehow. So I built a small electrified yard to park my Amtrak equipment. That yard and about ten feet of main, where it enters a tunnel, will be electrified. Stay tuned.
8BD7F11E-4DFC-49AF-8D26-D82D27BBE481.jpeg

tootnkumin

Staff member
So I have all this catenary I built for my old layout. I saved most of it when I tore the old one down and I have been wanting to incorporate it into the new layout somehow. So I built a small electrified yard to park my Amtrak equipment. That yard and about ten feet of main, where it enters a tunnel, will be electrified. Stay tuned.
View attachment 127415
Tensions are high.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.