Added two New Haven C-425's to roster

NYC_George

Yesterday I picked up the 2 New Haven C-425 at my LHS. It's the time of year I upgrade my layout. You see we don't really get a vacation in my business. They don't want you taking off when they have a building to get up. So they pay us $2.00 an hour vacation time. It turns out to be about $4,000.00 cash, which I received Friday. I usually spend $1200.00 on the layout. The down side is I get no time off. If we're lucky we spend a long weekend in Saratoga playing golf and the horses. That's it, the rest of the time I'm working. At least until next year. Then the layout money will be harder to come by. I been waiting to add some NH's to my roster for a long time. When I worked for the railroad we had a lot of New Haven engines. The C-425 seemed just right to consist with some Penn Central engines I already have.

Two C-425's and caboose cross a few of the 10 bridges on the freight branch line that heads to the upper deck.

nh_c425.jpg

NYC_George

Nice buy, George. Who made the models and how much did they set you back?

Sounds like you work in construction. Unfortunately, you may get more time off next year than you really want. :(

Engine cost

Well Jim to tell you the truth I bought so many things I haven't even looked yet. With out the big vacation check we receive every December I don't think I could afford the railroad I have. I work for the biggest developer in Westchester county, NY. He just started a 1.5 billon dollar job in the Yonker's dock area. I most likely will retire next year after this job is done. It's 300 million dollar twin 46 story towers in White Plains, NY. I'll have plenty of time for model railroading and golf some time next year. I'm not sure about how much money will be left for the railroad though. Not much I'm sure.

NYC_George

I assume they are Atlas ? How do they run ? I have an on going love affair with Alco's. haven't bought any 420's or 424's 425's looking to do that one of these days.

C-425's

There Atlas Jerry I forgot to say in my last thread. I'm sure they'll run great. Their DDC ready but I'm changing all my decoders to back EMF control and I'll have to order some for the pair. I have regular decoders I could install but I don't want to change them twice. I bought them because the Penn Central was made up of the Pennsy, NYC, and New Heaven railroads. Where I live it was all NYC and NH. I would have loved to buy the brass NH FL9's Overland models did a few years ago, but at $600.00 an engine I passed.

NYC_George

FL-9's

Thank you Jerry That is so great. 90% of my 12 railroad years were on these engines. I'll buy 4.

NYC_George

Back