A slight change of pace

G'day ..Thanks for posting but photos like these breaks my heart...So desperately poor....I'm ashamed that our countries don't do more for such folk and their livestock..The photo of all those animals shoehorned into that gondola is awful...Let's stop bombing and start helping...Cheers Rod...

Uhh, these aren't the folks "we" are bombing.

Anyway, you might want to check out some of Michael Palin's videos, I remember one where he rode a train the length of Britain. Then, of course, there was the train trip up the Nile in his series Pole to Pole, and the one across the US in Around the World in 80 Days.

Oh crap!

G'day Beady , Sorry , I worded my response badly...I know we don't bomb or fight specifically these poor souls , far from it and some aid is likely arriving there. My point was this . That we spend hundreds of billions of dollars every year on fighting in countries that perhaps need more humanitarian aid than trying to kill scumbag terrorist cells...Sorry if it sounded otherwise...I hate seeing such poverty but that's also the grim reality for vast areas of this little blue planet of ours...Cheers Rod...

It's kind of difficult to be humanitarian when people insist on shooting at you.

But let's talk about trains.

Oh crap!

G'day again... Point taken but humanitarian aid can come in all sorts of ways and can be done possibly through W.H.O. , UNESCO , Red Cross ...not at the point of a gun..Cheers Rod

G'day..New Guy.I have to say I don't appreciate your disappointing comments that achieve nothing...Apologies to Beady from me for prompting such comments that might detract from his topic and I agree with him "Back to Trains"...Rod

Last edited by a moderator:

Back