A Problem I Can Not Solve

rdeal

maybe you can help me?

how to get a person on this forum to return items - 3 engines - that they are working on

now they are not answering home phone

thank you - rdeal

Probably the first part of the suggestion would be most effective. Take any documentation with you, in case the situation escalates.

Get your attorney to send them a demand letter sent registered mail, return receipt requested. If after 30 days you still do not have your items, charge them with theft by deception, and sue the sn*t out of them.

I personally would post his name on this forum. Maybe that is not Ok by the administrator but he needs to honest with all the good people here. Thieves really irritate me and if he is not returning them that is what he is. :mad:

Make sure you post it in big letters too!

Before you go naming and shaming in a thread, I would contact Bob Harbison (username Bob), our Host and Administrator, by Private Message, outline to him what has happened and your efforts to resolve the issue with this other member, find out what Bob thinks about it and what might be done as far as this Forum is concerned. Not saying he can help or intervene, but at least it puts him in the loop.

thank you for all the suggestions
thank you "tootnkumin" - you seemed to say - "take the high road" - always a good habit

rdeal

When it comes to serious disputes between members, it's always best to clear it with "the Boss" first, and get his input.

Yup the high road is always best.
If that doesn't work pm me and I'll show you a shortcut between that and the low road.
Is the member still active on the forums?

If this is who I think it is, there was a thread a few months ago regarding this person. It mentioned his user name and he eventually responded with an evasive answer. I don't remember all of the details since I wasn't involved, but you aren't the only one. He did claim that he still had everyone's property and intended to return their stuff unfinished. It is interesting that some of his photos still appear on the opening page of the forum.
Willie

When it comes to serious disputes between members, it's always best to clear it with "the Boss" first, and get his input.

Okay I agree with that but if they can't do anything you need to warn the others in this forum. Dishonesty hits a nerve with me.

Okay I agree with that but if they can't do anything you need to warn the others in this forum. Dishonesty hits a nerve with me.

The betrayal of trust that we put in others because of their being members is one of the worst there is, and warning other members of it happening is also a right thing to do. But done as a reaction could draw responses that get out of hand and backfire on the OP's continued membership. A name and shame thread is sometimes used, but any posts need to be vetted and possibly vetoed before inclusion.

The betrayal of trust that we put in others because of their being members is one of the worst there is, and warning other members of it happening is also a right thing to do. But done as a reaction could draw responses that get out of hand and backfire on the OP's continued membership. A name and shame thread is sometimes used, but any posts need to be vetted and possibly vetoed before inclusion.

That's well said Chet.

Everybody here is here to help each other and if you are here to scam or hurt then please go elsewhere is all I ask.

Back