A little of almost everything

John_AP&W

I've been running my DCC N-scale layout for 20 years, and have done almost 250 decoder installations in N for neighboring modellers and groups.
Having recently relocated, I'm getting ready to re-establish sections from my basement layout into the garage.

After the move, I decided to not leave my few Christmas O-scale trains in boxes all year, so in my workroom, I built an "above the doors, around the room" shelf layout of one loop, with one passing siding and a wye at the corner alcove. Love the sound of trains running while I work! New to 3-rail, I have some wiring issues to solve...

I'm planning on doing a Z-scale suitcase layout for next Christmas display at local library. Did my first Z-scale DCC conversion last week! Still figuring out the best way to build it to be a cool layout, while making it safe for transport and easy to set up...

Since I've started doing DCC support for older modelers in my new town, I'm starting to do conversions in HO -- DCC with sound, and lights! (I know I'm going to be asking for help with problems this new situation presents.)

I do all this in order to participate in car-card Operation sessions.

Happy to have found these forums!
-John

I built an "above the doors, around the room" shelf layout of one loop, with one passing siding and a wye at the corner alcove. Love the sound of trains running
That's awesome you found a will and way to get your O scale running! 👍
Welcome to the forum!

Z to O, that’s quite a range!
Cool you’re doing installs, what’ll It take to get you to move here? 😝
Actually there are modellers in my area, just haven’t found them yet.

Back