A L-shaped layout (project)

Timermans

Hello everyone,
first of all, a big thank you to Allaman who gave me an excellent idea for my very first North American layout in H0 scale:

Now I need some room (not very difficult), a lot of money (more difficult) and the blessing of the Spousal Unit (extremely difficult). All your comments and advices will be greatly appreciated to avoid all newbie mistakes.

Give her some precious gems before asking for permission. You should also point out that being in the layout room keeps you out of taverns and away from wild women.
Needs to get in touch with Christian (unfortunately I haven't seen him around for a few months). He was always coming up with ways to convince the wife he needed room to expand.

Pretty crafty at it too as I remember! 🤣

Now I need some room (not very difficult), a lot of money (more difficult) and the blessing of the Spousal Unit (extremely difficult). All your comments and advices will be greatly appreciated to avoid all newbie mistakes.

You have the room. Good.

Lot of money? Have a plan. Do things in small stages. Buy what you really need and not what you think you need.

Blessing of Spousal Unit. Start of with small layout that can be extended easily. She sees you are serious and not spending a lot of money. Extending the layout over time she sees you progressing, her presents to you (birthdays Christmas etc.) are easy.

Have fun

Who's that guy ? Has he been banned from Model Railroad Forums? It would be really interesting to contact him. I think I found him on another forum: Chris from France ? Is it him ?
He wasn't banned here. He had an issue remembering his log-in and passwords, and he kept re-registering with a new user name. The forum software labeled it as spam since there was so many registrations from the same IP address and wouldn't accept him any more. The moderators cleared him out, more than once I think, but he kept doing it. Eventually he just stopped coming here on his own, I recall.

Back