A few of my projects

RW&C

N Scale with Stone Tools
I haven't done much with engines/rolling stock yet, at least nothing notable, but here are a few structures I've had a go at.

I do accept photo criticism, but please note that these aren't art shots. I'm putting those off for when I have the scenes etc built (at which time I'll probably borrow my dad's d-70 rather than using my ancient Camedia).

Walthers New River Mine, cut down per the plans in Model Railroader to a more manageable size. I have it rigged up inside to actually dump coal into hoppers, but let's just say the system has a long way to go. The system didn't do the weathering justice, it looks way better in normal light.
P1010081.png

This bridge is my first totally scratchbuilt structure, and IMO my best work. The corrugated metal was left over from the coal mine, the railings are fencing trimmed to size, etc. I even managed to hook up working streetlamps!
P1010071.png

P1010073.png

P1010079.png

I like Model Power building kits because there's so much you can do with them. I usually cut out a story or two, ignore the instructions, and add interior details. I still have a few light leaks on these but they're almost there. The pics don't show off the interiors very well but I'll try out some more shots later to see if I can overcome the auto-focus.

P1010044.png

P1010049.png

P1010044.png

P1010067.png

Some guy pulling an all-nighter...
P1010057.png

Laying carpet
P1010054.png

There are a few remaining light leaks on the downtown buildings to fix, and there's always one more small thing that's wrong, but they're getting there. I have another building (an art studio/gallery) that's almost done, I'll get pics of that up. (Teaser... there's a cow in it.)

Now I just need to build a railroad to put them on. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back