I'm the one
Lashed out and bought myself a few vehicles for the layout:

Scania Coach:

UfiBL4N.jpg

Which looks a bit big for N Scale??

A few of the Local Lads:

AMBO9ii.jpg

I like the Scania.
You say it looks too big for N scale. In all probability it isn't, but where it is placed on the layout, it is.

I have three road vehicles OO scale that swamp a scene wherever they are placed. Therefore are not on the layout (yet).

Choosing road vehicles for a scene can be difficult.
Here is a W.A. Glendinning next to its depot. Had it been a vehicle like the one on the right it would overtake the scene.

IMG_1109 (1).JPG

The same could be said if the red and white coach was bigger.

IMG_1977.JPG

If a vehicle is too big, hide part of it. The tram is there. I know it is there. Just not seeing all of it.

IMG_5936.JPG

Choose a scene well and the Scania will look great.

David

David, the Scania is an Oxford model so it is most likely a 1:148 scale which is what makes it look bigger than the others that are 1:160 scale :) No big deal as it IS a darn nice Coach :)

Ah! Then it will look big. lol

My younger granddaughter bought me this 'old time' car. A little overscale, but has to go on the layout.

IMG_2458.JPG

My grandsons' bought me this Military Vehicle, way overscale, but travels well. :)

IMG_2327.JPG

Different scale items can fit in especially when they have to. 😂

David

They might - but they are rough to begin with so there will be a bit of "cleaning up" before I could do anything. I think I'll just put this one down to experience and not even bother with them. And this is one for the books - the photo actually makes them look BETTER than they really are - so that (in itself) is really really sad :(

They might - but they are rough to begin with so there will be a bit of "cleaning up" before I could do anything. I think I'll just put this one down to experience and not even bother with them. And this is one for the books - the photo actually makes them look BETTER than they really are - so that (in itself) is really really sad :(
I was trying to be kind, if I'd received them I would have instantly sent them back and asked for a refund, if asked why, my reply would be "not as described."

I was trying to be kind, if I'd received them I would have instantly sent them back and asked for a refund, if asked why, my reply would be "not as described."

Hey - say it as you see it mate, believe me - I am being restrained as well. Where I bought them from always asks for a review of what was bought. Normally I don't bother with them HOWEVER, this time I will be saying something - trust me :)

I agree.
If I had the GHQ they would be consigned and hidden in Charlie Marston's scrap yard

David

And this is probably what I will do with them - create a "junk yard" or something and use them for that. I should correct something as well - I misread GHQ as CHQ so had better fix that.

Hey - say it as you see it mate, believe me - I am being restrained as well. Where I bought them from always asks for a review of what was bought. Normally I don't bother with them HOWEVER, this time I will be saying something - trust me :)
How did they appear on the website? Was it a case where they are staged to actually look better then they really are?

They kind of remind me of the pewter statues you would by at trinket shops on a family road trip.

Back