3-Axle Trucks?

Railrunner130

The other day I got a quick glance at a drawing of an old, small, wooden box car. What caught my eye was that it had three-axle trucks on it. It looked really beefy, really cool and would be a great addition to the cars "owned" by my brewery. I'm not sure where I even saw it. I think it was in a magazine, but can't be sure. Because what I saw was a drawing, I think it may have been totally fictional.

I know the heavyweight passenger cars had three axle trucks, but they were a completely different style than what was shown. The tri-axle configuration shown was shorter than on passenger cars and highly resembled the tandem axle configuration on rolling stock.

Did such a thing exist?

If so, does anyone make them in HO-scale?

Thanks! I found a diagram marked "Six-wheel Truck for 100 Ton flatcar". Page 232 Figure 127 in the second book link. I don't think it's what I'm looking for, but it sorta supports the idea of using heavyweight passenger car trucks.

Thanks! I found a diagram marked "Six-wheel Truck for 100 Ton flatcar". Page 232 Figure 127 in the second book link. I don't think it's what I'm looking for, but it sorta supports the idea of using heavyweight passenger car trucks.

You're welcome, I believe that any car, outside of passenger, built with six wheel trucks was a custom order for a specific customer. It could very well be that a six wheel truck box car was ordered by a company to make it stand out and to show that the company is making sure the products they produce are safe while ensuring they are delivered safely.

Back