2'x15' yard ideas...

I am thinkin I did get those on Ebay, I got a box of stuff from Lark Spurline Trains (good deals on containers) right before Christmas. They also coulda come from another guy who I got a huge box from in a classifieds ad. I cant remember now as there were over a dozen containers from him also. If it somethin you were bidding on then it wasnt me bud, 90% of the stuff, including containers that I buy on ebay are 'buy it now's'...

haha alright, I was just wondering because I saw those 2 together on ebay. I didnt bid on them since I just picked up a few earlier in the week, but I just saw that pic and remembered a guy was selling those exact 2 as a pair, and thought it would have been funny if you were the winning bidder. Speaking of intermodals, I am jelous of your collection lol

Haha...well not to pour salt in the wound for ya...this is about half my collection. I have enough containers and almost enough cars to run a 70 car double stack train and then I also have 20 89' auto decks that I am always looking to add to! Would look good with my 'Western Plains' trio of 8-40 CW's pullin em around...

Wow that is impressive! Im tryin to get a good collection of NS Top Gon cars right now. I thought I was doin good with 11 but yeah not anymore lol. I noticed you are a conductor for CP (pretty sweet btw), do you have any CP locomotives?

Sounds good...if ya look around on different sites you will be able to build your gon fleet pretty easily. I like the looks of the Bethgons and I thought about having a unit train of those also, but then I decided I got way to many cars for my layout to handle now as it is between the intermodal and grain cars.
Ironically I do not have any CP loco's. The ones I have were bought cheap in any roadname because the plan all along was to detail/strip/repaint them to my own scheme. I have thought about doing one CP AC4400 as a leased loco maybe, we will see. Here is a pic of what one of a few SD40-2's and Dash 8's that I have will look like when its done, except it will have WESTERN PLAINS on the side...

Credit to Littlefoot14 for coming up with this scheme for me!!

That is really sweet, love the paint job! We have a bunch of different locos that we will run (CSX, UP, Chessie, Norfolk Southern) because we cant pick just one and we have many of each lol. We are probably going to do a custom A&D train as well (since it is A&D railroad) eventually. I have been wanting a UP AC6000 paragon 2 loco from broadway limited, but am having a tough time finding one. Looking on ebay however I did find a few CP paragon 2 AC6000's if you are interested in those.

There are 2 on trainboard.com of those AC6000's if you are interested. I think those are CP as well...ya will have to repaint em. As far as I know, CP doesnt have any 6000's. The newest GE's they have are the Gevo's, and they are in the process of taking an order from EMD on 90 new SD90/43's...

Since I am doing a fictional railroad I have decided to have a couple leased units from the fictional "Long Valley Ry" n those will probably be SD40-2's, but havnt got that far yet or come up with a paint scheme yet.

I love the paint scheme that littlefoot14 did, and I cant cant cant wait till I have the first one done, although it will probably be a GP60M & GP60B unit combo. At first I couldnt decide if I wanted to go with silver or black tanks n sideframes, I think they both look sharp. After consulting with my custom painter I have decided to go with black tanks n sideframes on all the 6 axle loco's and silver on the Geeps...cant wait...cant wait!!

I have no clue if CP has 6000's in real life or not, I just know broadway limited made some for their paragon 2 series. And that paintscheme does sound pretty sweet, lookin forward to seein it in real life.

Well Im glad ya bumped this thread...I was going to anyways. I dont have much for new anything since the last pics, I am waiting on a huge order of #8 and #6 switches so I can finish my crossovers and finally finish my yard. Hope they are in tomorrow n then pics will be up as I progress!!

Back