2 ft x 12 ft shelf layout

BIGO

Hello all,

I am looking to build a 2 ft by 12 ft shelf layout. I am looking something that is prototypical with some operations. I have searched via google as well as other sites and it seems that I dont find much other than the what the Brits have come up with.

Are there any websites that show a good number of layout plans for shelf layouts? I am looking at modeling the Midwest specifically the Milwaukee Road. I really don't need a staging area as I will do the 0-5-0 to move cars on and off the layout. I want to get as much operation into 12 feet but nothing really complicated either as I have seen--dozens of switches are not needed.

thanks

Michael
:confused:

Instead of looking in layout books, look at prototypes: Sanborn maps and satellite/aerial photos etc. You will find excellent plans that are real life. Realistic Model Railroad Building Blocks by Tony Koester is excellent source for how to do this.

Here is one I came up with for your exact space. Oh it has staging without effecting the space operations. The third picture is an aerial photo taken in 1938. Notice I refined the photo info with the Sanborn Map.

Indiana03.gif

Indianamap01.gif

Indiana1938.gif

I found these two layouts in my layout book, they are not exactly 2 x 12, but they are close enough.

PLAN 1

PLAN 2

Sorry but I haven't learnt yet how to put thumbnails :)

I hope you like them or at least get some ideas from them.

If you are interested in any of them give me your e-mail or MSN and I will send you larger and better pics.

Back