0n30 scratchbuilt collection

Shamus

Here's are a few of my scratchbuilt locos for 0n30, all chassis's except the three Porters are from H0 locos.
Shamus
mloco.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Man, I can't look at your stuff anymore. It makes me seriously contemplate a switch to On30. I like the quirky backwoods feel it allows, something you don't find much of in the 1970s HO scale I am in now.

OK the first one's a Dunkirk, what are the rest called? They sure are interesting critters.
Cheers Willis

Those are neat!!

Could you give me an idea of their actual size, compared to something like a quarter?

CB&CNSfan said:
OK the first one's a Dunkirk, what are the rest called? They sure are interesting critters.
Cheers Willis

Starting top left
Dunkirk Climax
Galloping Goose (Waddling Duck)---------Railcar for workers
Three Bachmann Porters with new bodies.

-----------------------------------------------

SDP45 said:
Those are neat!!

Could you give me an idea of their actual size, compared to something like a quarter?

The overall size of each is around 6" long the Galloping goose is 7" long
Shamus
Here's the shay with an open cab body.
tr08.jpg

Yes, the main drive unit inside the box is from a Bachmann 44 tonner, the cab started life as a Ford A van.

Cheers
Shamus

The Railcar for workers, ah! I recognize that one also it's completion was not that long ago
Three Bachmann Porters with new bodies.
Well now after names like Dunkirk, Climax Bachmann Porters sounds somewhat anticlimax. don't you think? :D
My wife also enjoys the photos of your work and adds her congratulations along with mine for modeling well done.
Cheers Willis

Back