009 Welsh layout with longest name ever

Move over Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch… here’s a Welsh OO9 exhibition layout called Cynllunrheilfforddenghreifftiolcymreigwrthymylharbwrgyda'renwhirafarygylchdaitharddangos. Translation: a Welsh model railway layout next to a harbour with the longest name on the exhibition circuit

Attachments

• IMG_3061.jpg
    IMG_3061.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3060 (1).jpg
    IMG_3060 (1).jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 49
Move over Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch… here’s a Welsh OO9 exhibition layout called Cynllunrheilfforddenghreifftiolcymreigwrthymylharbwrgyda'renwhirafarygylchdaitharddangos. Translation: a Welsh model railway layout next to a harbour with the longest name on the exhibition circuit
You didn't type those names, you copied and pasted, didn't you? 😂

And just for our non-welsh speakers, 😂 😂this is how you say it.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

llan-vire-pooll-gwin-gill-gore-ger-ih-queern-drorb-ooll-llandy-silio-gore-gore-goch, usually shortened to Llanfair-pwll or Llanfairpwllgwyngyll,
which translated means

"St Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a Rapid.

One thing I like about Russian, it's pretty much pronounced as it's spelled. I was an international pilot for many years and the people I had the most trouble understanding were the Scots. English has so many silent letters. The Asian crews are always pronouncing the silent E on the end of Anchorage... "Anchorage-E"

Interesting to see some International railroading! Thank you!!

Back