Search results

1. E

EZ Track Turnout Extending Wiring

I guess Bachmann assumes everyone builds tiny layouts 'cause the wiring for their EZ remote turnouts is about 18 in. They do have 10' extenders but shaw, I need maybe three feet total for my two "distant" turnouts. Worse, they're out of stock everywhere and they cost an arm and a leg. SO...I...
  2. E

Mixing track vendors

Is it okay to mix track from different vendors? Or do I need to stick with one, say Bachmann. I've designed my N-scale with Bachmann (using AnyRail), but discovered Bachmann doesn't have a curved turnout. But Atlas does. So can I mix and match? And code. I'm guessing you can't mix and match say...
  3. E

To Flex or Not to Flex

I'm designing my layout in AnyRail and I got to the point where I just couldn't make the tracks meet using any combination of regular radius track (Bachmann). So finally I just removed them and used a big piece of flextrack. Seems like cheating, but then again - why wouldn't/shouldn't I just use...
  4. E

How many power packs?

I'm building a modest N-gauge layout, about 3ft x 4ft. I don't plan to ever run more than a single train. But everything I've read seems to indicate I need to block out the layout because the train will lose power. So do I really need to make sure the "far" part of the layout, sidings, etc. are...
  5. E

Old and New N Gauger

I have magazines and manuals and tracks dating back to the 70's when I first got into model trains. But I never did a full fledged layout. My wife got my an N-gauge set for Christmas last December and darn, I'm going to do this! Soup to nuts and no shortcuts. Have questions and I'm hoping to get...

Back