Search results

1. T

Which would you choose for a starter set?

I would recommend the Lionel Polar Express set. It is a great starter set that you can use any time to get started and is usable each year even if you decide that you want more detailed trains for your main layout. The polar express set will look great on your Christmas layout and will be...
  2. T

Why is the hobby in trouble?

I do not think this is uncool to the Tween crowd. I just got a small Lionel set at Christmas for my kids (well, ok...for me). They are 10 and 8. They were pysched about the train under the tree and I showed them some ideas for a small ping pong table size layout. My son helped me paint it...
  3. T

MTH and Lionel

Howdy! I was looking at some videos on Youtube and noticed some titled MTH and Lionel. Do MTH trains run on Lionel FasTrack? Can you use MTH track with FastTrack? Just curious. Thanks!
  4. T

Coal mine layout 9 x 12

There are quite a few lignite coal mines in TX...no mountains there either....mostly strip type mining, but I am sure you can find some pictures if you google Texas coal mines
  5. T

EXTREME Makeover: Layout Edition

looking forward to seeing some more pictures. May I ask the size of your table?
  6. T

How many transformers

Ok...I finally put a small part of my track together. I have a lighted cabose, and the engine pulling 3 cars, a decoupler track and a RR crossing section (with the bells and lights). I can't even get the transformer up to 15 volts before the green light starts flashing. I have a lionel fast...
  7. T

figure 8 question

Howdy! I am putting together the tracks I have just to see how everything is working. I made a simple figure 8, but have a problem with the cross-over section. Every time my train crosses over the cross section of track, it stops. If I go fast enough, I can coast through it and get to a...
  8. T

How many transformers

Thanks for the reply. I am in O scale. I thought I had posted this in the O scale forum....sorry if I did not. The transformer I have is a newer one with a green light on it that blinks when it is about to go over it's limit. I originally had it it set up under the tree, and it was...
  9. T

How many transformers

Howdy, I was wondering how big a layout is before it is too big for the transformer that comes with a set? I have a new set that I received for Christmas and I have purchased some more track to make a layout on a 5x9 ping pong table. I have read that at some point a bigger transformer will...
  10. T

Inventory program for Mac computers

great...thanks!!
  11. T

What works with Lionel Fastrack

Thanks...I have that book, but it doesn't say anything about compatibility. Anyone else? Thanks!
  12. T

What works with Lionel Fastrack

Hello, I am new to the hobby and have a lionel system right now. Do any of the other trains and or tracks work with FasTrack systems? Just curious about compatibility. Thanks!
  13. T

Inventory program for Mac computers

Howdy! Does anyone know of a good inventory program for trains that works on Macs? Or does anyone have a good excell spreadsheet? Thanks!

Back