Search results

1. R

LED strip lighting for elevated shelf layout?

Hi all! It's been a long time and in that time I finally built a layout & found space in my space challenged house, up! 7 feet up to be exact! As you can see from the video it's a bit dark if I don't point the fish eye lights at the track. I was thinking of installing LED strip lighting down the...
  2. R

Tyco truck mounted couplers to chassis mounted coupler pics?

I have many 1970's Tyco rolling stock and I would like to convert their truck mounted couplers to chassis mounted ones. Anyone have any pics of conversions that you've done? Thanx
  3. R

Kadee Wisker couplers! Brilliant! Wish I had seen these before!

I just happen to get a Jan 08 Walthers cataloge in today and I spotted Kadee whisker couplers! So I decided to check them out online and here's what I found: http://www.kadee.com/htmbord/page397.htm If I had gotten this cataloge last week I wouldn't have gotten so frustrated with...
  4. R

What's the largest turn radius I can use on a 4'X8' table using HO EZ tracks?

16 curves for a 22" circle. 12 curves for an 18" circle. :)
  5. R

Info on soldering an 8 pin MRC decoder onto a Athearn DCC ready diesel

So I went to a place called Trainland in Valley Stream, NY and asked the guy behind the counter for a decoder for an Athearn DCC ready F59PHI. He gave me an MRC 1626 w/ sound. Here I am all excited that my son is going to be able to drive around his train with all the diesel sounds for X-mas...
  6. R

DD40AX question

Sure, I'll take one this weekend. If I recall though it can't pull anything.
  7. R

DD40AX question

An old thread no doubt but my DD40AX runs just fine on 18" curves.:D
  8. R

Athearn Bombardier Coaches on a 18" Curve

Thanx for all your help guys.
  9. R

By chance do you know what model # was the kadee coupler? The train shop had no idea what model to swap it with. Thanx.
  10. R

You guys are killing me! Is it 12 or 24 pieces for 22" curves? :confused:
  11. R

So I'll need 24 curves total for an oval, correct?
  12. R

Any idea how many 22" curves I would need for a complete circle?
  13. R

Thanx. I'm going to use EZ tracks so I should get nice consistant turns. As for a bigger layout for the DD40, I'm gonna need a bigger house. Or use my 2 car garage for a layout...:)
  14. R

As the question states above I would like to get 2, or even 3 ovals on a 4x8 table using Bachman HO EZ tracks. I bought my son an Athearn P59 with 3 Sounder Bombardier coaches and I know they have a difficult time with 18" turns so I wanted to get the most out of a 4x8 table that I have...
  15. R

New to DCC. Is there a decoder w/ sound for HO Athearn F59?

Are sound decoders usually seperate from DCC or is there an all in one decoder? Edit: nevermind. I just checked www.loksound.com Seems they sell DCC and sound together. Too much info and I have no clue what to look for. I'll have to email them.
  16. R

Oh no! I just bought an F59 sounder and a 3 bombardier coaches for my son. I know this is an old thread but can you tell me what kadee coupler fits the coaches? Thanx
  17. R

New to DCC. Is there a decoder w/ sound for HO Athearn F59?

I just bought an HO Athearn F59 quick plug DCC. What DCC system do you recommend for a beginner and do these decoders come with sound? Thanx for your time.

Back