Search results

1. PatOC

problem soldering lighting kit in Walther's car

Hi everyone - I'm hoping someone can help me with a soldering problem I'm having. I'm attempting to add a Miniatronics lighting kit to a Walther's Super Chief dining car. The light is easy enough to apply to the roof of the car with the double-backed adhesive provided. But I'm having trouble...
  2. PatOC

Advice on lighting a Walthers car

Good morning fellas - hoping someone can give some advice on the following questions just to save me a bit of time: 1) I'm trying to install Miniatronics lighting kit 100-ICL-01 in a Walthers Santa Fe car 932-6842. The lights look great, but shine through the thin roof of the car. I tried...
  3. PatOC

SuperChief car recommendations?

Hi - do any of you have an opinion on good cars for a Santa Fe Chief/SuperChief layout? I'm aware that Walther's sells a set but I read elsewhere that they're not the greatest (I should mention that the poster was comparing them to Broadway Limited's Zephyr cars). It looks like ConCor has some...
  4. PatOC

Want to start custom painting locos and stock

Hi all - First off, I can't believe what a gold mine I've stumbled onto with this site. No wonder it's after 11PM on a Sunday and I'm still up reading all the posts! Quick background: I've been an avid plastic modeler for several years and have gotten fairly adept at painting and weathering...

Back