Search results

1. P

Athearn blue box decoder help

I just recently purchased the Digitrax DH163AT decoder for an Athearn blue box PA-1 diesel. I have never installed a decoder before but did a little research and figured I would give it a try. Well I got it all wired and put it on the track and the light is lit and the engine begins to move...
  2. P

track cleaning frequency?

How often do you need to clean track when running DCC loco's? I ask because it seems that I need to do it every few days anymore. I have only been using a brite boy on the rails and they have quite a bit of black oxidation that is affecting the operation of the loco's. I recently cleaned the...
  3. P

Athearn Genesis F3 A/B

I just purchased an Athearn Genesis F3 A/B with DCC & sound. After reading through the very short manual, I have a question. Since both A and B units are powered, do I program them to run as a consist? The manual was very basic and did not address this concern. I bought the Erie units and...
  4. P

preserving lichen ????

I found the mother lode of lichen while out hunting the other day. Is there a way to preserve the stuff. Years ago I found some and brought it home but it just dried out and disintegrated. I am hoping there is something that can be sprayed on to preserve the stuff.

Back