Search results

1. R

Loco spinning its wheels

I have an oval in my office where I run an N scale train. I have 27 cars and 2 identical Bachmann GP40 locos running back to back. It's been running mostly fine for a while but today the lead loco started stalling and spinning its wheels when it came to one curved section of the flat track. So I...
  2. R

Irregular running of my locos

Hi everyone. I have a simple N scale RR on my desk in my office. I have two GP-40 locos with a 23 car train running on E-Z Track. I run my train for a few hours a day. On Friday I cleaned the track with 1,000 grit sandpaper and cleaned the loco wheels with alcohol on a rag. The train ran...
  3. R

Newbie Coupling Problems

Hi everyone. I thought it would be fun to buy a small Bachmann N scale train set and set it up in my office. I keep having some issues however that are frustrating, one of which is my cars and engines decouple for no reason. I bought a bunch of knuckle coupler cars on eBay, and added a second...
  4. R

6 axle vs 4 axle locos

I have a couple 4 axle n scale locos that are having a difficult time getting up a grade. Would I be better served by getting a 6 axle loco? Are all 6 axles powered or just 4? Is the additional weight of the larger loco going to make a big difference? Thanks.
  5. R

Simple Newbie Question

I have a starter set. Curious if I can run two locos together like you see on real railroads if the engines are exactly the same. Thanks.

Back