Search results

1. J

My first Layout - a 5' x 9' Modern BNSF Freelance

Great layout. Your scenery is top notch. VERY inspiring.
  2. J

Starting the new layout!

I'm in Northern NJ too, Cedar Grove, Let me know when we're meeting up for an ops session :) ...we don't need no stinkin Waybills and card systems...:D. The layout is really coming together now. My favorite part is seeing the scenery come together. J.P.
  3. J

Ho Rs-3

Athearn Thanks Bob. The Athearn runs very nicely. Its pretty smooth and it'll creep along nice and steady. Its not as quiet as my Proto1000 but that thing is damn near silent. Its not loud enough to drive you nuts though. I have no experience with any Atlas locos so I can't compare, I am very...
  4. J

Giggity Giggity! Family Guy reefers are here!

Wow! That looks great, your weathering is fantastic too.
  5. J

Ho Rs-3

RS-3 complete Here are some shots of my RS all assembled. Now if I can just figure out why it won't run I'd be all set. I ran just before I put the body shell on. Thanks for looking J.P.
  6. J

Ho Rs-3

Thanks guys. Zephyr I made sure to show the side where the stripes came out good LOL. Almost done with the decals, heres a teaser shot. and this, does anyone know what the little "F" stands for and where the one on the oposite side goes? The Super Scale directions only show this side and...
  7. J

Ho Rs-3

I thought I'd show some shots of my re-finished Athearn RS-3. It's going to be an Erie unit. I still need to do some touch ups and add the decals...obviously :rolleyes: . It started out as this RG&W scheme. It was a very nice finish in this livery and it was a tough descision to strip it...
  8. J

Comment by 'jep1210' in media 'drawing/sketch HO scale layout'

That looks great, was it ever completed?
  9. J

Starting the new layout!

Looking good Very nice progress, looking forward to the coming work. J.P.
  10. J

Progress So Far

Great story Nice story there. I also really like your layout. I may have missed it but what scale are you working in? I'm really frustrated by my 4X8 (oh no he dit-int) but I have little other options due to space constraints and not owning my own house to do as I please. Your layout seems to...
  11. J

Cars in the 50s

How likely would it be to see model As and Ts driving around in the late 40s early/mid 50s? Would it be as common as seeing 1977-1986 model vehicles driving around now?...which isn't too frequent in northern NJ anyway. My thought is it might be more frequent due to fewer choices in manufacturers...
  12. J

"Name that Town" Contest

I got one Was Hollow Gully mentioned? Though that kind of sounds like where the Coal Miners daughter came from. J.P.

Back