Search results

1. D

Is there a way to remove broken pilots from an IVES 3255?

That's a great saying, too bad I won't remember it. My doctor told me to eat less, lose weight, exercise every single day, so last week I decided to make a big change in my life. I'm no longer going to that doctor.
  2. D

Haha, I hear you. Same here. The best time to sell vintage trains on ebay is now until about February. Christmas brings the "Baby Boomers" to life again, so to speak. But you're right, the good stuff of our day is falling out of favor. All of us "Boomers" are aging (and passing away) so the...
  3. D

Thanks for the reply, Sirfoldalot. No, you're not dumb...you're just not an IVES collector (which is probably one in your favor). I've included a picture of another 3255 IVES with the unbroken pilot. This pilot arrangement proved to be very weak and easily broken. The pilot in your link is...
  4. D

I'm "restoring" this IVES 3255 and was wondering if these broken pilot mounts can be removed. After several days of searching the internet I've been unsuccessful at locating the exact original replacement pilots for both ends. I've attempted to remove one broken pilot after removing the screws...
  5. D

MARX question

Greetings! I'm a devoted Lionel buyer/user but a few days ago a Youtube friend convinced me to try MARX trains. I have two train sets in the mail at this time. One train is the "Marx 7674 Union Pacific M10005 Tin Litho Diesel Type Electric Train Set." My question: When was this train made? I've...

Back