Search results

1. G

Minimum curves for 85' streamline cars

I'm also building the 1929 version of the EB. Have a Brass Hybrid GN 4-8-4 (which is lovely). But those cars are harder to find. I have a few so far, a hodgepodge, most will need various modifications. Several Branchline Blueprint kits. All but one will need to be re-lettered. What is the...
  2. G

I'll have several of those curves. Might be able to hide parts of some of them. Here's the (very preliminary, very incomplete) sketch: The mainline passes through a wall into the adjoining room. That will be a tunnel, of course. ;-)
  3. G

The instruction sheet says the grab rails are in the box, but I found none in the two I checked (I now have the whole 1955 EB consist, except that I only have one each of the short dome, the 7-4-3-1 sleeper and the 6-5-2 sleeper. The prototype pulled 3 each of those --- 15 cars total. I figure 9...
  4. G

Hard to tell, but they look like metal. All cars have interiors, but no lights (I plan to add them).
  5. G

Just checked 2 of them. Decals. but no grab irons, even though the instruction sheet says they are included. (These cars are all still in their boxes). Haven't checked the others. Should be no trouble to make some up. One of them is a Proto car, and the grabs are already installed.
  6. G

Thx. Guess I should stick with the 36" (No way I can go to 40").
  7. G

Not sure. All seem to be from the same run. See pics above. Can you tell from those pics?
  8. G

These are the Empire Builder cars released in 2007 (I believe). They recommend min 24" radius, but everyone I've talked to says that's not enough. These cars have independent couplers. Thx for the advice!
  9. G

Help! I'm just starting a layout, and of course, space is a problem. I plan to model the 1955 Empire builder with (mostly) Walthers 85' cars. Will that 15-car train run reliably on 32" curves? I read the RP11 standard, and it suggests that 40" curves will handle all HO rolling stock, but that...
  10. G

1929 Empire Builder

Hi folks .... I'd like to model the original, 1929 version of the Empire Builder. I plan to buy the locomotive, but build the cars from scratch, probably in O scale. After searching the GN archives and numerous other sources, I've not been able to find any specs on these heavyweight clerestory...

Back