Search results

1. S

Code 100?

I'm still in the planing stage, but getting close to pulling the trigger on track and switches. What are your thoughts of going with Peco code 100 switches and Atlas code 100 flex track? I figure I'll need 3 cases of 100 pieces of track and at least 60-70 switches, if I go with the above...
  2. S

Older Kato Locomotives

I was told to stay away from the first generation of HO scale locomotives from Kato, something about pickup issues. Is this true? If so what models/road names were affected? On my last N scale layout, 95% of my locomotives were Kato, and they all ran flawlessly. I'd like to go with mainly HO...
  3. S

Sub roadbed width...

In HO scale, how wide is your sub roadbed? I'm going to go with the 1/2" plywood method, just wondering for single and double track how wide to plan on making it? I'm going with 36" radius on the entire layout.
  4. S

Radius question...

Just wondering, if I want to run SD90's and auto decks, what is the smallest radius I can use and have reliability and great looks? I was thinking 36", but it is taking up so much room to turn around! (Keep in mind, I'm coming from N scale!) I thinking of a double deck around the wall layout...
  5. S

Hello from Calgary AB

Hello everyone! I was into model railroading quite heavy a few years ago, N scale, and have since sold EVERYTHING. After a few years, I am of course getting the itch again, but this time, HO scale. If and when I start another layout, it will be in my basement, (30'x32') but I'm going to have to...

Back