Search results

1. Highball

1894-1904 Southern Pacific Sunset Limited

Ladies and Gentlemen, from the long bygone days of REAL deluxe travel, here comes the 1894-1904 SP Sunset Limited which originally operated as the longest distance train in the USA between New Orleans and San Francisco on a 75 hour schedule! Today was the maiden run which lasted 3 and half hours...
  2. Highball

Is preordering worth it?

Hi folks, I would like to hear your opinion about preordering items. Do you think it´s worth it or do you think it´s better to wait till the item hits the stores? What is your experience with limited edition items? I mean items of which you know that only a limited number will be produced? Do...
  3. Highball

Bachmann GN Great Dome Lounge color matching Rivarossi GN cars?

Hi guys, is the Bachmann GN Great Dome Lounge car matching the Rivarossi GN cars in terms of color? A nice but no soooo prototypical low cost Empire Builder can be put together exclusively with Rivarossi cars except the Great Dome Lounge, so it´s the only car of the consist which would be not be...
  4. Highball

Best way to cut off skirts on plastic HO scale passenger cars?

Hi guys, I just realized today that out of the 3 Rivarossi coaches and 3 Rivarossi sleepers of my brand new Canadian train, 1 coach and 1 sleeper is skirtless while the others (as well as the diner) have skirts (look at the pic to see the difference). I don´t know why it is like that but...
  5. Highball

Con-Cor dome car height

Hi guys, for my 10 car "poor mans Canadian" I´m using Rivarossi cars except the baggage dormitory which is a Walthers car and the dome observation which is a con-cor car and the dome coach which is a Con-Cor car too. To my big surprise, the Con-Cor dome coach height is much higher than the...
  6. Highball

Hi!

Hi, I´m Daniel from Germany. I´m 29 years old and have a lot of different hobbies. One of them being model railroads. I don´t have a real layout for now, so I set up a temporary layout on the floor 2 to 3 times a year and play with my trains for a couple of weeks. I hope one day I will have...

Back