Search results

1. M

Who here is under 50?

Been to a couple train shows this past winter just getting started in the hobby and in my early 40's I figure I was one of the youngest there who wasn't with grandpa (meaning I pretty much saw people my parents age and older, and young kids.) Just wondering what that means for the hobby over...
  2. M

Built my first structure kit

I found this unassembled, factory sealed Walthers United Trucking kit at an antique store for $5 and figured it would make a good first project. Pretty happy with how it came out. Since I plan to model modern times and this isn't really a trackside industry, I figured a building like this...
  3. M

What HO Code 83 Track?

I'd like to order some track to play around with. Not wanting to buy something I'll end up replacing later I've been looking at the options and I'm not real sure what I want to go with. I'm thinking along the lines of Code 83 track. Peco and Altlas seem to have very limited options for...
  4. M

Getting Started--how?

We're rapidly moving along moving into a new house. I've been a pretty serious hobby woodworker for the last 14 years and am giving up that hobby since we moved from 10 acres with large pole barn to 1/3 with a shed. Doing remodeling has been a hobby over the years too, but this house we've...
  5. M

Newbie in SE MI

Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully maybe get some pointers on some good getting started info. My name is Matt and I'm from extreme SE Michigan--currently a very small town named Ida, but about to move into Monroe. I'm in my early 40's, married with a pre-teen daughter, and...

Back