Search results

1. D

Scenery Oddities?

Nuthin spectacular here, or really out of the ordinary but, while waiting for paint to dry I took one of the "road workers" that is using a jackhammer and cut the jackhammer off to simulate a guy standing there with his thumbs hooked in his pockets looking at a motorcycle. He's wearing a "wife...
  2. D

Questions about "errors" on the KATO RS-2

Again, being new to the model railroading hobby does anybody know what is considered "wrong" as far as correct and incorrect detailing on the HO KATO RS-2's? I have two - one UP and the other CP. I bought them new after hearing nothing but praise about their quality. After doing a "search"...
  3. D

Kato Locomtives

This was a good thread for me to read and learn a few things from. I was unaware of the paint issues with the KATO SD40-2, which I own two of. Perhaps that is why I am having a little trouble selling them even though they are MIB. After purchasing them back in '98(?) I realized I would rather...
  4. D

Woodland Scenics

Thanks. I guess I was asking for your thoughts on the modulars and how forgiving they are to a beginner. If I'm successful at building a few I'd like to join them together and let my "scenes" continue to grow.
  5. D

Woodland Scenics

Thank you both. :)
  6. D

What do you think of my movie?

I really enjoyed it. Thank you very much.
  7. D

Weathering with chalk sticks

Anybody use these mostly or is airbrushing the only way to go. I've fooled around with the chalk before and actually had nice results. I've never had an airbrush before, nor have I ever used one. Are they difficult to master? Hobby Lobby has a few for something like $150.
  8. D

To "weathered" or not to?

Weather EVERYTHING!!!
  9. D

Alco Rs-2

Using an RS-2 on a modular, would it be appropriate to have the long hood forward and, only a few cars behind it? Or even say four or five. Or would one car be the typical situation? Thanks
  10. D

Woodland Scenics

New to the hobby and would like some opinions from you experienced guys on this product. I'm not looking to do a layout right now rather, I'm more interested in doing a modular, perhaps several. HO of course. Thank you.

Back