Search results

1. H

Faller Car System

holy hell....this made me completely rethink my plans for my next layout. Will definitely be incorporating a complete Faller Car System in it.
  2. H

What will you be doing during the blizzard ?

I plan on going to the track and work on improving my 1/4 mile times....assuming it gets over 55deg....
  3. H

The benchwork has me stumped

Here is what I did: I then put 3/4" foam on top of it. I need to put diagonal braces on the legs, they are going to be 2' long and brace between the legs and the frame at a 45deg angle.
  4. H

MTH George Bush 41 UP Commemorative Loco

Hayes Hobbies in Fayetteville, NC MTH 80-2013-1
  5. H

MTH George Bush 41 UP Commemorative Loco

Picked up my MTH George Bush 41 UP Commemorative train today I need to get a bigger turntable- the damn thing hangs off both ends lol.
  6. H

Bus Gauge and Feeder gauge

Doorbell/thermostat wire is typically 18ga or 20ga.
  7. H

Containers, containers, containers

I want to do a small container yard on my 8x8 layout, and a big one when I move it upstairs to my 14x22 room. I remember dropping off and picking up trailers at one in Des Moines when I was a kid.
  8. H

My Return to Model Railroading

They were 2x4 sheets of OSB, not a 4x8- no way that would fit in the car. I used 2x4's because I can reuse them far easier when I tear the table down this spring/summer when I move it all upstairs to the 14x22 room. Haven't decided what I am going to use when I build it upstairs. The car-guy...
  9. H

New old Tyco stuff, what oil ?

Is this for the motors or the trucks? I was thinking of trying a dry lube similar to graphite for my trucks.
  10. H

My Return to Model Railroading

After not having any trains since '98ish, I figured it was time to get back into model railroading and slot cars. It is time to start getting my trains and Tyco US-1 Trucking set ready to pass on to my 2 year old son. No, he won't be playing with them unsupervised. I talked the wife into...

Back