Search results

1. D

Atlas Under Table Switch Motors

I inherited a box of Atlas under the table switches. The post only seems to be about an inch long and my layout uses 2inch foam on top of 1/4inch plywood. Has anyone ever extended these things or buried them in foam?
  2. D

Two level station

I am looking for some real world terminals similar to Jamaica Station in Queens NY where the trains platform above the street and there is another whole level below for subways. I would like to base a terminal on something that maybe has freight on one level and passengers below. Is anyone...
  3. D

Ideas for wall surround

I am new to HO and modelling. My space is width-limited and I am looking at running a 2foot wide table around the room in a "J" shape - 14' straight, right turn, 8' straight, right turn, 4' straight. At the top of the 14' I can envision a thinner run, maybe another 4' to stage trains. I like...
  4. D

Maintenance Cars

I am looking for a set of maintenance / construction cars. I see the real life versions of them all of the time replacing old ties and track. I havent had much luck finding HO versions. Has anyone seen any? Thanks
  5. D

Access to lower level

I am working on a new layout where I want inbound and outbound trains to be able to run through a "portal" and end up below the main level of the table - I have little space outside of my 4x8. I have never worked much with grading. Is there a standard way to build a ramp from one level to the...
  6. D

Bachmann DC Engine Burning Smell

I inherited an old Bachmann DC diesel that I cleaned up and lubricated. It runs fine, but the engine gets a bit hot and it gives off a burning smell. This doesnt seem normal. How do I troubleshoot this one?
  7. D

Engine Not Responding

Greetings. I spent a bit of time searching before I posted this. I have Bachmann Spectrum Diesel DCC engine (on channel 1)that was running fine, then started to act a bit erratic and now wont respond to any throttle commands. I have another DCC engine running on channel 3 that is running fine...
  8. D

Building a layout that you can play with

I am new to modelling. I am starting to plan an ho layout that I can build with my kids. I am looking for a theme that would allow me to have "playable action" in the layout to keep them engaged long after we are done building it. I have been doing a lot of reading on the general subject to get...
  9. D

Newbie - Bachmann Turnout Trouble

I am a new railroader. I am starting simple with Bachmann EZ Track and a few DCC locomotives. I have a bunch of turnouts, wires, and switches. I selected a few and tried to wire them in and none of the turnouts are moving. I put a multimeter on the power supply and the switches and all seem to...

Back