Search results

1. M

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

You do beautiful work Jim, very inspiring. Steve
  2. M

How hard to strip Micro-Trains paint?

Well it's been a little bit more than the three months during which we have sold our house moved 600klm and built a new place with a dedicated Train Shed... oh and three lovely Grandkids now on the scene, two nearly three who love to see Poppies train and one 12 mths old (still to be corrupted)...
  3. M

US Postage

Gabby, just wondering how you got on with your missing parcel, did it finally turn up?
  4. M

US Postage

"being Mexican and marrying a cockroach. You need help" Bob, after 40 years my wife says I'm beyond help :confused: and it's funny how she and her sister both married Victorians. I think my saving grace is having my trains, keeps me out from under her feet.. Hope your parcel turns up soon.
  5. M

US Postage

I'm hoping it will be 8 as the wife is from NSW, I'm a Mexican and so I couldn't go for NSW anyway. Living in Canberra would make me a Neutral anyway except I like to see the expression on my wife's face when she see's the final score. Bob, might pay to send an email to USPS like has been...
  6. M

US Postage

Bob, I've had 5 orders from MTS (Klein) and on average it has taken 14 days to be in my hot little hands. Just remember, Canberra is down hill from Sydney so I might get mine a day or two quicker than you blokes on the Up hill side from Sydney.:rolleyes:
  7. M

New to N Scale

Ken, I don't know what your prices are like across the ditch but over here they tend to be a bit over the top. A couple of years back I decided to get back into trains after about 20 yrs of moving the boxes and not doing anything only to find most of my track was knackered so went to my LHS and...
  8. M

New to N Scale

This was my first N scale set that I bought in 1978 and it still goes. I have recently gotten back into model trains now that I've retired and this set was the first one I tried out on my layout before I discovered DCC and converted it all over. I didn't convert the engine due to the age. A...
  9. M

Kato parts suppliers.

I know you said you found someone but I have just caught up to date with the forums so thought I would just let you know of a supplier in the US that I have ordered stuff from 5 times now. I use Model Train Stuff and have found them very reliable and quick to despatch an order. On average 10...
  10. M

What the ...? (Warning for questionable content)

It's the Crab meat that does it, I'll never eat frozen crab meat again.
  11. M

The Scenic Factory now open

Montanan, just looked at the web site and have to agree, the price is way outside my range. I love your photo, those trees look brillant so life like, at first glance it's hard to tell it's only a model railway.
  12. M

back again after 30+ years!

Wow - a whole room to yourself and inside as well. I had a very minor overspray 30 years ago and was banned for life, at least I can go out to my shed and not worry this time round. I'm just getting back into it after retireing and have gone with DCC as trying to figure out wiring for DC is...
  13. M

Your not fair Jim, you could have waited till after February when I've had my cataracts done.
  14. M

Carey, thanks for the warning, I have a couple of newer Kato engines and I was thinking of respraying my locos with my own colour scheme..... Now on hold. Will be interesting to see if the old Bachmann shell becomes brittle, it's only been three months since I gave it a Brake Fluild bath...
  15. M

Steve, just came across this thread so don,t know if you have had any success in getting the paint off. A while back I came across someone who said they used Brake Fluid and I have an old Bachmann loco with a damaged shell so I used this to see if it works. I placed the shell in a bath of...
  16. M

Hope you had a fine Christmas and that you and your family have a great New Year Jim. And thank you for this thread it has been a journey of discovery full of help hints and some fantastic scenery, can only hope that I can achieve similar when I return home in the New Year.
  17. M

I'd watch out for Wood Borers if it came from Queensland:D Must admit this is a wonderful layout and the scenery reminds me of our trip to Alaska in 2007 with all the Pine forests.
  18. M

No power to the DCC, I know the answer, it's the little red wire thats come loose from the little board that you've screwed up under your layout and then put all those plastic storage bins in front of. I would prefer you didn't ask how I'm so smart or how long it took me to become so...
  19. M

Fixing Buildings to the Layout

Thank you all, 3 replies and 3 different ways of doing the same thing. That's one thing I love about model trains, there is no wrong way. I have buildings that I bought in Singapore in the 70's where I first came across N scale but that layout didn't survive the trip back to Australia. My...
  20. M

Fixing Buildings to the Layout

How do people fix the houses and other buildings to your layouts. I've never reached this stage before in trying to build a layout in over 40 years, see what happens when you retire, it creates all sorts of problems.:mad:

Back