Search results

1. R

NCE D14SRP Decoder

What, they are both the same, CV122, 24 green or purple?
  2. R

Attaching Plaster Castings to Extruded Foam

Use a low temp hot glue
  3. R

HO BLI, PRR Q2, paint problems

$250-350.00 might be ok. The tender doesn't seem effected. The locomotive is two colors. PRR Green and on the nose a graphite grey. I haven't noticed any denigration of the grey. There are these 6 little hatches on top of the boiler which fell off because they weren't sodded but glued. I put...
  4. R

Show us your best F units

I have a blue bonnet F7, A/B/A HO units all three with tsunami sound. I swear I can smell diesel fumes.
  5. R

Thanks BTW I'd have to pull the wheels because the paint has wiped off the wheels as well showing the brass, ugh. i think I should send it to a pro for painting, does anyone recommend anyone?
  6. R

I think that's the route to go... It's a shame this locomotive is the most expensive BLI has offered, it was beautiful and now with the bad paint it's future value is in the toilet.:(
  7. R

BLI no help. BLI told me they had no bodies left for a repair. The situation is the brass was not prepped or not prepped properly. My belief is their factory in China is no more and the factory will not back the work.
  8. R

I have this 2nd run HO BLI, PRR Q2, brass steam locomotive where wiping across the paint with a Q-tip will remove the paint down to the brass. This is a $500+ locomotive and it's turning into junk. I have a airbrush but need to know what the paint color is and the kind of paint they would use...
  9. R

Hello, new to forum

Except for the odd ball, Santa Fe F7 A,B,A Freight, Blue/Yellow, I try to stick to the east coast in the 1930's to 1950's time period. What I find troubling is that most model manufactures produce for the most part west coast roads.:(
  10. R

Hello, new to forum

The layout is laid down without scenery. Here is a list of engines. All are DCC NYC L-4a Mohawk 4-8-2, #3124 PRR Q2 4-4-6-4 #6198 NYC 20th Century Ltd J3a Dreyfus Hudson N&W Y6b 2-8-8-2 N&W Class J, #611 PRR T1 4-4-4-4, #5542 Santa Fe F7 A,B,A Freight, Blue / Yellow PPR H24-66 Train...
  11. R

Is there Triple Tunnel Portals?

Thank you.
  12. R

Is there Triple Tunnel Portals?

If there isn't one made how wide would have to model one? Thanks
  13. R

Hello, new to forum

Started enjoying trains as a young child with O27 & O gauge.My father's trade was building steam locomotives in europe. Because space restrictions I now model Eastcoast HO.:)

Back