Search results

1. D

Vintage Atlas Locos

The only older Atlas loco I have is an RS11 made by Kato, pretty old but runs like new.
  2. D

Where do you guys get your "stuff?"

After many years and having spent 10s of thousands of $$ on this hobby I decided I would try and build my new layout and acquire my locos and rolling stock on the cheap. I have a second hand model railroad shop close to where I live, it is located in a backyard shed is open on Saturdays and has...
  3. D

Has model railroading ever gotten you into trouble?

The guy with the Camera, now that brings back memories, I have been a camera nut for over 50 years and used to take walks along the beach with my camera so I could take pictures of sunsets, everyone knew me in our little town but one day there was a young woman murdered behind the sand dunes...
  4. D

Has model railroading ever gotten you into trouble?

I wanted to try out a new video camera so toddled off to the local railway station to get a few shots, after a couple of hours I had two big and burley railroad cops hop off the train and asked what I was doing, I told them I was just testing the camera on local suburban trains, one made a call...
  5. D

Adding Another Mountain

Theres more than one way to skin a cat Larry, I have never seen mountains done that way before and I am sure they will look great when finished. That is the beauty of our great hobby, so many different ways to do things.
  6. D

Cheapskate Tunnel Mouths.

Thank you for looking and the kind remarks.
  7. D

Cheapskate Tunnel Mouths.

Always on the lookout to save a few $$$ and enjoy scratch building as much as I can I decided to make eight tunnel mouths out of 1/4 inch Balsa, this is how four of them turned out.
  8. D

Your favorite locomotive?

My Favorite loco is the Alco World Locomotive DL500, many of these were sold to Australian National RR and used in 3 loco sets on mixed freight trains. The sound of these locos give me goosebumps. http://www.thedieselshop.us/DataDL500.HTML
  9. D

Hello from Australia.

Hi There Tuna thanks for the welcome, although I do have a few steam locos I will be running diesel only on this layout.
  10. D

Hello from Australia.

Thanks to Paul and Bob for the welcome its nice to be here.
  11. D

Hello from Australia.

Hi there, my name is Dave, I live in Australia and have been involved with model railroading on and off since I was a child, I am now 68. Since 2005 I have built three N scale layouts, Japanese. British and American. Because of the reliability and running quality of American locos I am in the...

Back